These instructions were written as a short introduction to using EndNote X3, but have been updated continuously to reflect changes to X8.
Last Updated: Nov 28, 2017
- Open EndNote and minimize it.
- Run your search in WorldCat. [Be sure to select the correct book--watch for the publisher, date, edition, etc.]
- Click on the title to get the complete record you want to send to EndNote
- Click on Cite/Export
- Select Export to EndNote/Reference Manager
- Depending upon your computer, the references may export directly, or you may download a file with an .ris extension
or a different option to export
- If you do, click on OK and the references should appear in your EndNote Library