Crocker Art Musuem
- Browse the museum's Photography Collection
- Exhibit: Modern Women | Modern Vision: "This exhibition, drawn from Bank of America’s extensive photography collection, presents more than one hundred images made between 1905 and 2015. Diverse in style, tone, and subject, these images made by women range from spontaneous to composed, detached to empathetic, monumental to intimate." Oct. 2, 2022 - Dec. 31, 2022.
- Past exhibit: "Two Views: Photography by Ansel Adams and Leonard Frank" : "Presents two views of [Japanese] internment and incarceration in the early 1940s and provides an opportunity to reflect on the nature of reactionary politics, racism, and forced separation, and the resulting effects on victims. "
Viewpoint Photographic Art Center
- "The only non-profit arts organization in the Sacramento region dedicated to advancing the art of photography through its services, education and gallery exhibits."
The Brickhouse Gallery & Arts Complex
- "We have an off-the-grid approach to the arts. The streamlined and uncluttered venue has a rustic charm that will focus on the work of established and promising new artists in Northern California."
Photography Month Sacramento
- "Photography Month Sacramento is an annual event, taking place in April celebrating the photographic arts by offering events and activities that reach across communities and bring people together."
- "This cooperative has been in operation for over 35 years building a reputation for exhibiting challenging contemporary work in all media. Members are emerging and established artists who show regionally, nationally, and internationally."
- "Founded in 1974, SF Camerawork’s mission is to encourage and support emerging artists to explore new directions and ideas in the photographic arts."
- "Since 1979, Fraenkel Gallery has presented more than 300 exhibitions exploring photography and its relation to other arts."
Robert Koch Gallery
- "Established in 1979, The Robert Koch Gallery exhibits and offers a wide range of exemplary photography that spans the history of the medium from the 19th century to the present."
Minnesota Street Project
- "Located in San Francisco’s historic Dogpatch district, the Minnesota Street Project offers economically sustainable spaces for art galleries, artists and related nonprofits."
- "Southern Exposure (SoEx) is an artist-centered non-profit organization committed to supporting visual artists."
- "SOMArts leverages the power of art as a tool for social change through multi-disciplinary events and exhibitions."
Other Northern California Galleries:
Ansel Adams Gallery, Yosemite National Park
- " The Ansel Adams Gallery has been in business under the same family ownership since 1902. What started as a painter’s studio is now a destination for photographers and aficionados of Ansel Adams worldwide."
San Jose Musuem of Art :
Center for Photographic Art, Carmel
- "Founded in Carmel, California in 1988, the Center for Photographic Art strives to advance the Central Coast’s distinctive photographic art forms through education, exhibition and publication. "