Students, you are in luck!
The CSUS Library currently makes a practice of ordering books about writing in the various disciplines.
To find these books, try two different searches:
- Go to the Advanced option of OneSearch
- Use the pull down arrow to select Subject and type in your discipline. Example: Nursing.
- Use the pull down arrow to select Subject and type in writing.
- Look to the left and click on Books under Refine my Results. You are able to limit your search to e books, or online books only.
Tip! To find the most recent books, look to the top of the list, where the screen says Sorted By. Change Relevance to Date Newest.
- Use the subject heading, "Communication in your discipline." Example: Communication in Engineering.
- Look to the left and click on Books under Refine my Results to see a list of accessable online and print books.
This list may be longer than the first list and will probably cover broader areas than just writing, such as presentations or interpersonal communication.
Examples of such books include:
The elements of academic style: writing for the humanities (ebook)
How to write effective business English : excel at e-mail, social media and all your professional communications. (ebook)
Strategies for engineering communication 4 NORTH TA 158.5 .S74 2002