You will need an EndNote online account to share references. At this time we do not offer assistance in EndNote online's use, except for these instructions on sharing references. Or go to the EndNote Web Online website for more information.
See boxes below for creating an account.
Creating an EndNote Web Account
If you already have an EndNote Desktop account:
[i.e., you've downloaded EndNote from campus] you can create the online account through your EndNote program:
- Open your EndNote library
- Select the Sync with EndNote Web icon from the main menu bar [or under Tools]
- Follow instructions to create the online account [which will be referred to as EndNote Web in these instructions]
- You will then be able to synchronize your desktop and online accounts.
- Remember to backup your library before you sync.
If you don't have an EndNote Desktop account:
CSUS users can create an EndNote online account through the Web of Knowledge and have free access to EndNote online for as long as you are at CSUS.
Note: It is important to create an EndNote online account while on campus, through the database Web of Science, instead of through the EndNote website to get all functionality and to be identified as a CSUS-affiliated user,
- Go to the CSUS Library homepage: http://library.csus.edu
- Select Databases & Article Searching [listed under Resources & Collections in the left column]
- Select "W" in the Databases By Title alphabetical list
- Select Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Select EndNote from the light grey bar of options [same bar as Go to mobile site]
- Select Register and follow instructions to create an account
After creating an account [either method], you can log in at: http://my.endnote.com