Optional: Selecting Your Topic
If you are having difficulty selecting a topic watch this video. It may give you some ideas to help you tackle your project.
North Carolina State University Libraries
Optional: Still Stuck Trying to Find a Good Topic?2
A Concept Map (or Mind Map) helps you develop your topic. It is simply a visual way of looking at your ideas and how they relate to each other.
- First, watch the 3 minute video from Penn State University Libraries
- Then create your own-using pen and paper or this one from bubble.us which allows you to input your ideas online and then print the results
4. Creating An Effective Search Strategy
Save time and find what you need by setting up an effective search strategy.
Purdue University Libraries
Optional: Sources for Background Information
Background information can help you develop your topic because it:
- gives you the specialized language and scientific terms you need to successfully search the Library's journal article databases
- gives you the bigger picture on your topic and context for your research
5. Create Your Own Search Strategy Worksheet
Use this blank worksheet to create your own database search strategy. You may be required to turn it in by your instructor.
Go to the next section of the tutorial
Go back to the top of the page and continue with the Library Databases & Articles tab.