Open Image Resources
British Library: (https:www.flickr.com/photos/britishlibrary/albums)
- More than million 17th, 18th and 19th century images from books held in the British Library.
Carnegie Science Image Database (https://carnegiescience.edu/image-database)
- Contains links to a wide range of multimedia objects form libraries, archives and museums around the United States.
Earth Science World Images (http://www.earthscienceworld.org/images/index.html)
- A collection of photographs of all aspects of Earth Science.
- Digital photographs resources from Europe's galleries, museums, libraries, archives and audiovisual collections.
Fish and Wildlife Service National Digital Library (http://www.digitalmedia.fws.gov)
- A searchable collection of selected images, historical artifacts, audio clips, publications, and video from the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Flickr: Creative Commons (http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/)
Library of Congress Digital Collections (http://www.loc.gov/library/libarch-digital.html)
- Access to print, pictorial and audio-visual collections from the U.S. Librry of Congress.
National Archives (NARA) (http://www.archives.gov/research/alic/reference/photography.html#nara)
- A portal to photographs from libraries and archives throughout the United States.
National Library of Medicine Images from the History of Medicine https://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- Online access to images from the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s (NLM) historical collections. IHM is available through NLM’s Digital Collections, a free online resource of biomedical books and still and moving images.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Photo Library http://www.photolib.noaa.gov/
- A collection of photographs representing observations, and studies that are carried on by the scientists, engineers, commissioned officers, and administrative personnel that make up this complex and scientifically diverse U.S. agency.
NY Public Library Digital Gallery (http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm)
- The largest image database for Civil and Structural Engineers
- A vast collection of photos and images from the U.S. Government, many of which are in the public domain and free to use.
Open Video Resources
Archive of American Television (http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews/people)
- A collection of interviews of people involved in broadcast history.
British Pathe (http://www.britishpathe.com/)
- A collection of films and clips from 1890 - 2011.
British University Film Gateway (http://bufvc.ac.uk/gateway/)
- The BUFVC Moving Image Gateway includes over 1,700 websites relating to video, multimedia and sound materials representing more than 40 subject areas.
Internet Archive Stock Footage (https://archive.org/details/stock_footage?&sort=-downloads&page=2)
- A collection of stock footage clips submitted by Internet Archive users. These clips are designed to be used in other videos in accordance to creative commons.
Internet Archive Moving Image (https://archive.org/details/movies)
Khan Academy You Can Learn Anything (https://www.khanacademy.org/)
- Practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
The Open Video Project (http://www.open-video.org/)
Prelinger Archives (https://archive.org/details/prelinger&tab=about)
- Holding of thousands of video and films of home movies, amateur and industrial films.
Public Domain Flicks (http://www.publicdomainflicks.com/browse/title/1/)
- A collection of free public domain full length films.
Smithsonian Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/smithsonianchannel/featured)
- A collection of videos on various topics including science, history, culture and arts.
U.S. Library of Congress YouTube Videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/LibraryOfCongress/featured)
- Timeless treasures and contemporary presentations from the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
U. S. National Archives YouTube Videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/usnationalarchives/videos)
VIMEO Creative Commons (https://vimeo.com/creativecommons)
- A gateway to films under the creative commons license.