OneSearch Library Catalog
Note: These instructions work except that exported records will not include the call number or a link to the recored. We are working on a fix. [7/17/17]
The OneSearch Library Catalog is one of the few databases for which you need to search using the EndNote Online Search to get the complete citation including call number. NOTE: The EndNote search engine only searches Local Library Collections
However, in order to search using it, you must first download the connection filter.
- Open this link to download the correct Connection File "Sacramento State - ALMA.enz" for theOneSearch Library Catalog
- Save file [when asked "Do you want to run or save file?"] to your EndNote Connections folder [which by default resides inside your EndNote Program file].
- The file icon should look like this:
x7: x6: X4:
- It should now work, but to verify, click on "Connection Settings" [in the left column]
- The Server address should be na01.alma.exlibrisgroup.com and the Text should be Unicode (UTF-8)
- The first time you use the Online Search for OneSearch, you will need to bring it to your list of searchable databases.
- Click on "More" from the list databases under Online Search [left side of screen, below Groups] and then select "Sacramento State - Alma" from the long list of resources.
Note: After you have done this once, Sacramento State - Alma will appear in your Online Search list.
- Enter your search terms in the window at the bottom of the screen [the one you usually use to preview citation].
- All results will be automatically saved to your EndNote library, so delete the ones you don't want to keep. Alternatively, you can search in the loal online mode and save citations temporarily. For more information on this refer to Search Display Modes in EndNote's online help.
Tip: The Online Search feature works with the OneSearch Library Catalog, and with a few other free resources like library catalogs, WorldCat and PubMed, but for most databases you'll need to export search results from the database.