Books can serve as a solid foundation for a research paper. Books can provide depth and coverage to a topic. Use EUREKA to find books.
When looking at a book, be sure to browse the bibliography or reference list and identify titles of interest. You can look up books you find that way in EUREKA. You can see if we own the journal by checking the Journal Title tab on the Library homepage.
Find Books with OneSearch
OneSearch has replaced the EUREKA Library Catalog!
Use the advanced search search box and be sure to limit your search to Books (use the dropdown associated with Material Type:) to retrieve monographs in print and electronic format on Asian American Studies.
- Searches only for the words, not the concepts.
- Is often the best search to do initially, until you know what the Subject terms are.
- Can be used in conjunction with an outline to conceptualize a topic.
- Searches the concept (as defined by the Library of Congress Subject Headings)
- Is often better done when the keyword search isn't garnering material appropriate to the topic.
- May take more work, but will yield better results than a keyword search.