Skip to main content

Biochemistry

Chem 162 handout

SciFinder Scholar

SciFinder Scholar is the online equivalent of Chemical Abstracts. Published since 1907, this index covers journals, reports, conferences, book chapters, dissertations, patents, etc. Sacramento State access is available only to current students and employees with a valid SacLink account.

PubMed

PubMed, available since 1996, is a database indexing more than 5600 biomedical research journals. Started in 1960, Medline is 90% of PubMed with out-of-scope articles cover the remaining 10%. Access is available to everyone at pubmed.gov or pubmed.com  To print, choose the display settings under Summary. Then use your browser print function.

Other Useful Database Indexes

These databases index scholarly journals and some reports or conferences. They are broader in subject coverage than those above. You will find links to full articles if we have an online subscription to the journal.

Publishers' Electronic Subscriptions

These articles are limited to the publishers' journals. Sac State's subscriptions to these online journals may not cover the complete archive from the first volume. Check OneSearch for the journal title to see if we may have print copies in the Library. Sac State students and employees may request articles through ILLiad, our interlibrary loan service.